Minimax Consulting Rebranding

The rebranding of Minimax Consulting. The scamming saga continues.

Vist www.mcg-site.blogspot.com for further information and history regarding Precision Consulting Company, LLC.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Scam that is Precision Consulting Company, LLC

Perhaps you stumbled across this blog because you were researching this company. If you have yet to do so, do not remit any payment or sign any contracts with this fraudulent company. They will spin elaborate tales of their legitimacy and abilities to help you w/ your business plan, dissertation, editing and other services. Unfortunately for many, these lies cost them thousands of dollars. You see, Precision Consulting Company, LLC is the rebranding of Minimax Consulting and/or MCG International, also known as MCG-Site.com.

These con artists go out of their way to make your life miserable by repeatedly lying to you regarding progress on your project. You see, they outsource all your work. Their business model is a small business dealing solely with outsourced contractors -- usually the Philippines or India. Really, there are only a handful of people that actually run the business, everyone else is hundreds, if not thousands of miles away. Are they competent contractors? Do they know how to edit and assess Ph.D. level work? Of course not! But you won't know that until you've remitted payment. They were tricky about accepting payments anyway, since they dealt solely in cash and cashier's check. You see, credit card purchases had the legal backing of the credit card company and that would be WAY too many issues.

For a while they maintained the facade of a legitimate company. That's until students were being grossly mistreated. Their A rating on the BBB quickly plummeted to an F and they were no longer accredited. So recently they've shut down Minimax, claiming they'll be working their current projects until the end of the year. Essentially, this means setting up shop in two new states, with new business licenses and more obscurity.

I'm here to warn you about this company. Visit www.mcg-site.blogspot.com or measured up, or simply google minimax consulting and you will find a plethora of documented discrepancies in their business practices, both with customers and their own unhappy, sued their asses employees.

A brief history about Minimax: it was initially won by Pete W. Chabot who is a registered felon for SEC violations in the early 2000s. Yea, he decided to take investor money and spend it on lavish trips around the world, sporting events, clothes and other useless things while telling investors that his "hedge fund" was growing exponentially -- 42 percent a year! To the investors dismay, however, Chabot hadn't invested one penny of that money. So he went down by the hand of the SEC and served time in prison in NY state.

Next, they decided to move back to Rhode Island where they have family. After all, Pete and Charlotte allegedly met at Brown University. Pete regularly says he attended Brown and MIT, but no one really knows what he's really done or accomplished. In fairness, Chabot probably never had a chance considering his father is currently incarcerated in Rhode Island for scamming landlords, investors and tenants out of all their mortgage payments and investor funds. Together with his wife Charlotte, the Chabots started Minimax Consulting. However, as word got around that he was a convicted felon, they quickly took Pete off the website and put Charlotte in charge and registered as a woman-owned business. Classy Charlotte. They hired and fired people on a whim, scummed students, executives and everyone trusting their #1 google listing who enlisted their services.

The rest, my dears, is history. Internet history that is. Simply google Minimax Consulting and have an in-depth review of their fraudulent ways. Clark Guo and Barron Gati are still at the helm because they've sacrificed good hard work for undercutting and exploiting the student demographic. Moral corruption aside, I urge you to avoid this company like the plague. Save your money and only do business with a reputable company. Never send money virtually or western union.

You can see the SEC papers here:
http://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/lr18214.htm

And the story about Pierre Chabot (Pete's Dad) here: http://www.wpri.com/dpp/news/local_news/local_wpri_north_providence_man_charged_with_mortgage_fraud_20090730_avn

39 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks... Sailfin Technologies

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for going to the trouble to blog about this company. I would like to talk to you offline if you can contact me at envrworkatgmail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please feel free to contact me via precisionconsultingcompanyscam@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks a Lot ,,, So who can help ??

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for writing a lot of this good information!
    Dissertation Editing Services

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thinking of working as contractor but want to understand if it is worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thinking of working as contractor but want to understand if it is worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do Not work for or pay these con artists any money! They've robbed me of several thousand $ and have put my degree completion at risk. Don't be as stupid as I was!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you call me at 6318058704. I gave my dissertation for them to edit. Please, call me to tell me more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you call me at 6318058704. I gave my dissertation for them to edit. Please, call me to tell me more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG thank god I haven't start anything... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got my dissertation back. Precision did an outstanding job on the editing and I approved of their work. My dissertation was cared with honesty and professionalism. I am grateful for their service.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would recommend my fellow Doctoral colleagues to Precision for their dissertation services.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I call you? I was seriously thinking of getting them to help me with my analysis.

      Delete
    2. Hi. May I contact you. I just paid an initial payment and I wanted more information about your experience with this company.

      Delete
  12. I've received a statement from Clark Guo claiming that some of the complaints raised are written by one person, a former employee. Precision Consulting LLC's page on the BBB has a negative review calling their business a scam, to which they replied that this person was an analyst applicant they fired after she did not meet their requirements.

    Since this blog has ties to all the other sites claiming Precision Consulting is a scam and is sort of the rally point for all things Precision-related, I assumed they were referring to your complaints.

    Do you have any comment on that?

    (Disclaimer: I don't work for the company, nor am I a lawyer or member of the media. I am just a concerned individual.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked for Precision Consulting Company, the "disgruntled employee" is the standard response. Just don't trust these robots who work for a criminal.

      Delete
  13. I would like to know if anyone is interested in starting a class action against this company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sign me up? How do I get involved? These crooks must go down!!!!

      Delete
    2. if you look at the bottom to my comments - yes, I would like to get involved and I already filed a complaint with the BBB and state attorney

      Delete
  14. Peter Chabot is at the head of this company, he is a convicted criminal, he also has a sex offender working for him. Clark Guo and Martin Barugel are in on the action. More posts to come...

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://precisionconsultingcompanythetruth.blogspot.co.za/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  16. https://theendofprecision.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/precision-consulting-company-llc/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi guys,

    My name is Susan Charles, and I have almost been scorned by these guys. I came across a blog warning met again Precision Consulting and luckily I listened. I confronted them with some serious questions about the proof of the academic credibility of their so called experts. All that followed was silence. Heather Bowlan just disappeared. I can only assume that I hit a nerve with my questions, and instead of facing me and telling the truth, she decided to silent. I almost referred my cohort to these people. Stay far far away

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish I saw this before submitting my proposal for review to Heather at Precision. I paid $1,000. I actually found mistakes they should have caught after they sent it back to me. They did almost no work.

    My dissertation reader was so much more helpful. When I finally submitted my Chapters 1-5 to my institution's format reviewer, the only major edits my format reviewer found were in the Table of Contents, which Precision set up for me. I seriously regret hiring them and would NOT recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to work for Precision Consulting LLC and I Heather was one of my "managers" who would send me papers to basically rewrite or write entirely. I can't remember how many dissertations I had to basically write from scratch. The biggest issue was the lack of literature reviews that the PhD candidates had done, which is the main step for a prospectus.
      I had so many ethical issues with Precision Consulting, but I stayed working for them from 2016 to 2018 because I needed the money. I finally quite after I got promoted and realized that their companies secret word was RICO, which prompted me to do some digging on the company's owner Peter W. Chabot. I found out that Peter W. Chabot of Chabot Investments pled guilty to securities fraud in New York’s southern district court. Chabot had raised $1.2 million from 14 investors by claiming he was an experienced securities trader who had developed a mathematical model telling him when to buy or short stocks. Between 1999 and 2001, Chabot claimed stupendous results for his theory. But the results were phony, and Chabot had actually used his investors’ money for his personal expenses. In February 2002, he was sentenced to 27 months in prison; he also has to pay back the $1.2 million.
      While the FBI and Interpol were looking into Precision Consulting, Peter had spread the company throughout the US, Australia, & the UK, so the police had a difficult time tracking him and his associates along with the money down.

      Delete
  19. I too wish I saw this prior to working with Heather Bowlan! I was take for $900 and 2 months of time! I just submitted a complaint to the BBB!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to let you guys know that I have had an absolutely wonderful experience with Emily from Precision. She was attentive, professional and produced high quality work. I almost did not go with Precision because of this site. I called and talked to them about my reservations and they worked with me on a plan that made me feel comfortable. We set up a schedule of payments with progress on my work that would be shared with me so that I knew I was not being "taken". They did whatever was necessary to help me feel comfortable with using their service. The icing on the cake was getting to work with emily!!! She is absolutely amazing and responded to my request ALWAYS on the same day I would email her. Excellent service all around!

    ReplyDelete
  21. They just took all of my money. I will not graduate with my doctoral. I had a very long conversation about my data to be analyzed. I lost my student loans. I am losing my businesses. I am losing my house. I just needed to graduate so I could move out to state with my family. They set me up with a man named Jay and we had many conversations and he kept very good notes. When I agreed to make a payment I was sent an email with 8 steps (oddly, these were all of the steps that I already had partly done, but could not finish until the data was analyzed).

    After I paid them, they did not want to talk to me and pushed off my emails. They told me that I did not need what was outlined in the 8 steps. When they said they were done, I was desperate and only a few days from graduation. I opened the email to see if my data proved the success of the therapy. What I found was a weikipeda version explaining what a meta-analysis is and empty forms. Their plan was to hoodwink me into paying them more money for the data to be analyzed.

    Here is where they made their mistake.... I am so broke that I can not afford food. They took advantage of me. I am going to take every ability to hurt them back. They messed with my graduation. I will not be able to get a moving van and I will leave everything behind. I don't have food for my dogs.

    They pushed me to a level of low that I did not need.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some of the people who submit dissertations are not qualified to earn doctorates and no company, however, qualified can save them. Some of the candidates are so incompotent that they almost expect the dissertation to be written for them. On the other hand, it is simply ignorant in this day and age to assume that a company, to be legitimate, must have all of its editors, consultants, advisors, etc., "in house". Many universities, accredited by regional accrediting bodies, employ adjuncts to teach courses, and they usually serve with more competence than some tenured faculty who no longer capture student interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I concur with your sentiments. While I had many ethical issues with Precision Consulting, there were many PhD candidate dissertations that I fixed who had no business obtaining a PhD.

      Delete
  23. In 2020 same foolishness going on with this company. They try to belittle your character when you catch on to the scam. Some of the comments in this blog are ridiculous. The fact remains that people are being scammed by this company and NOTHING can justify it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My name is Rachael Chesbrough. Today 10-31-23 my account was alerted that $658.78 was charged by Minimax Group Ecom . I was checking my informed delivery for the postal office online- in Gresham Oregon. I did this because I got a message from +639850454707 as a number saying,"Package Tracking: Your package arrived at the transit center but could not be delivered due to incomplete address information. Details:
    https://pswebs-us.com
    best regards,
    USPS Customer Service
    I went to informed delivery or so I thought by clicking USPS Customer Service, as it was highlighted blue and a link. It said my address needed updated and I had to pay .30 cents since my package was short of payment to have it delivered. I updated my address and went to check into my informed delivery account from the post office when my bank alerted me to this $658.78 charge. I had to restart my account, cancel my cards and since I get paid tomorrow by direct deposit, that will be canceled as well. Side note: In today's economy things that we are in the middle of a financial crisis I don't live paycheck to paycheck so this is going to not only be a hardship towards me getting gas money and food for my kid it means the difference in me making it or not. So I did some investigating and come to find out it's a company called Minimax Group Ecom out of Canada and they are scanning and this is what lead me here ...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Scamming is what I meant. Watch out if it it's seems out of nowhere don't click it, call the company of that claim- first. They also had used an app,"clone phone". This is how I believe they got my Information. I wish I would have come across this blog first, but I know this is little compared to millions I'm sure that investors have lost. That's not to say that my situation is not valid as it is, just that it could have been way worse and it goes to show how far they are willing to go to take from anyone-anyway possible. So Be safe online and stay away from Minimax as they're wolves in sheep's clothing, frauds! They don't care who's life they attempt to scar financially as long as they benefit from it. After all... Isn't finances with $, just a fancy way to say how we choose things for a means to another based on our values? It's not just about spending our money. It defines what we value in life and what's important to us. Do we value safety and save for potential emergencies? Do we value seizing the moment as we may die tomorrow- spending for the moment? Do we value balance and spend for fun, but budget carefully for those emergent issues that come up? This is why it's so important to protect what means we value -based on what we have, even with very little. It's what causes most fights with couples or roommates -with finances. There is so much cruelty and abuse in this world and no one deserves to have what they work so hard for stolen away by persons who value getting what they want ....as long as it's at the expense of others. 🫳🎤

    ReplyDelete